General Information > About Montpellier
Access the city of Montpellier
Venue to "Le Corum", the congress site
Esplanade Charles De Gaulle
In the heart of the city centre, at walking distance of the majors hotels, Le CORUM, Convention Centre, offers ideal premium facilities for organizing prestigious events.
As well as one of France's top Conference Centres, it also houses the Berlioz Opera House, known for its excellent acoustics and its National Orchestra. With its innovative design, this prestigious multi-faceted venue is one of the great facilities which have earned Montpellier its place among the Mediterranean's top business tourism destinations.
With Public transportation
More info on TAM network
- Lines 1 / 2 / 4 – Le Corum stop
10 minutes' walk
Consult the full network plan in PDF
Follow signs for Montpellier - Centre Historique - Le Corum
Satnav coordinates: Lat. 43.62 / Long. 3.89
Underground car park (charge): 2 entrances – 500 spaces
Taxi call kiosk at airport / Tel.: +33 (0)4 67 20 65 29
Méditerranée airport taxi group / Tel.: +33 (0)4 30 96 60 00
Other Montpellier airport taxi group / Tel. +33 (0)7 81 46 58 77
> Download the Taxi list (13 companies) in PDF
Access Montpellier, the city
By plane: Montpellier Méditerranée International Airport
Every year between 3 and 4 new cities are added to the airport destinations. The airport offers a mix of legacy and low cost companies and is served by 17 airlines. Passengers were about 1.500.000 in 2015 and 2.500.000 are expected by 2020.
- 15 minutes away (by car) from/to the City Centre
- Shuttle bus service & taxis
Direct flights from/to Brussels, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, London, Alger, Oran… and 4 international hubs:
- 2 hubs in France: Paris & Lyon
- 2 hubs in Europe: Amsterdam; Madrid
Access the airport
- By cab: Fares vary between 17€ and 24€ (day/night fares).
- By airport shuttle: The airport shuttle is an easy link between the Montpellier city center and the airport, with a journey time of 15 minutes. The airport shuttle departure is easily reachable from the train station or the different hotels via tramway (T1 or T4).
- By tram: In the next few years one of the Montpellier tram lines is going to connect the city center directly to the airport.
> More info on MPL Airport
Other international airports close and easy to reach
- Paris Charles-de-Gaulle Airport is France’s biggest airport, served by over 150 airlines which fly towards all international destinations. Montpellier is easily reachable from Paris:
-by plane (up to 7 daily flights from Charles-de-Gaulle airport and up to 8 daily flights from Paris Orly airport)
-by train (9 daily direct trains from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport (4h) and 19 daily direct trains from Paris city center (3h15)).
- Marseille Provence Airport schedules over 109 destinations, with stopovers to almost all international destinations. Regular but not daily flights between New York and Marseille. The airport is served by 34 airlines.
Montpellier is easily reachable from Marseille by train, 20 daily direct trains (travelling time: 1h35).
- Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport offers one-stop flights from all main American cities via London or Paris and regular flights to 68 international destinations. The airport is served by 45 airlines. Montpellier is easily reachable from Lyon:
-by plane (up to 3 daily flights to Montpellier)
-by train (1 daily direct train from Lyon Saint Exupéry airport (1h50).
- Toulouse airport operates over 83 national and international regular destinations. The airport is served by 32 airlines. 13 direct daily trains from Toulouse to Montpellier (travelling time: 2h15).
- Beziers Cap d'Agde airport operates 9 European destinations. The airport is served by 1 airline: Ryanair. 45 direct daily trains from Béziers to Montpellier (travelling time: 45 min).
- Carcassonne airport operates 11 European destinations. The airport is served by 1 airline: Ryanair. 9 direct daily trains from Carcassonne to Montpellier (travelling time: 1h25 min).
- Spain, Barcelona El Prat international airport operates 211 destinations from all over the world. The airport is served by 84 airlines. Thanks to 6 daily direct trains Barcelona is only 3h from Montpellier.
- Spain, Girona Airport operates 55 national and European destinations. The airport is served by 13 airlines. By 6 daily direct trains Girona is 2h15 from Montpellier.
By train: Montpellier Saint-Roch TGV Station
- 7 minutes away from the Corum
- International connexions to Barcelona, Geneva, Brussels…
- Paris-Montpellier Highspeed Train 3:15, 11 trains per day
By Car: 2 main highway axes
Montpellier is served by A9 and A75 motorways.
- Sortie Nord / Exit North (28): access to the Amazonian Greenhouse, Lunaret Zoo, hospitals and universities.
- Sortie Est / Exit East (29): access to the historical center, Montpellier Tourist Office, Le Corum Conference Center, Millénaire business district, Zénith Sud auditorium, Odysseum leisure and shopping center, and the Montpellier Arena & Exhibition Center
- Sortie Ouest / Exit Ouest (30): access to Yves du Manoir stadium, La Mosson stadium
- Sortie Sud / Exit South (31): access to the Montpellier Saint-Roch train station ("gare" in French)
Back to top: Venue to "Le Corum" Congress site
International and European Protocol
Depending on the nationality and the duration of the stay in France, it may be necessary to obtain a visa from their nearest French Consulate before leaving home.
- For citizens of European Union countries, Switzerland and Monaco a current valid identity card is sufficient.
- The fee for a short-stay visa (less than 3 months) is 60€.
- Citizens of Bosnia, Georgia, Moldavia, Russia and Ukraine have applications fees of 35€ for short-stay visas.
- A visa is waived for the citizens of the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Antigua-&-Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chili, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Macao, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Salvador, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Should you need a visa, apply to the French consulate in your country.
Details of the addresses can be found on the website of the French Ministry for Foreign Affairs